Stumbling upon an old posting made me wonder about the first posts of some of the familiar country sites out there, so here’s a chronological listing of debuts for the ones that made that information relatively easy to access.
It’s interesting to see all the different approaches to kicking things off, and how much (or how little) each site has changed since its beginning. Maybe these can serve as instructive case studies for the next bunch of folks crazy enough to start their own country music blogs.
- Country Universe: Single Review: Toby Keith “Stays in Mexico” (8/9/04)
- The Bluegrass Blog: Who are we? (7/15/05)
- Twang Nation: Hello, ya’ll (6/5/06)
- The 9513: Jimmy Buffett Filed a Lawsuit to Get Website Shut Down (11/15/06)
- CMT Blog: First Things First (6/28/07, ended 8/16/10)
- Mighty Country: Mission (10/27/07)
- Country California: “Johnny and June” – Heidi Newfield (4/23/08)
- Photocrapper/Farce the Music: Honest Album Covers (7/5/08)
- That Nashville Sound: Golf and Guitars Celebrity Pro-Am and Charity Concert A Giant Success (9/7/08)
- My Kind of Country: Country Blog Coming Your Way! (12/8/08)
- Country Haiku: I know I told you… (7/22/09)
- Rawhide & Velvet: The A List.. (2/18/10)
- The 1-to-10 Country Music Review: Miranda Lambert, “The House That Built Me” (4/14/10)