What’s happening here?
I go to bed to parchment and wake up to… blue. Lots and lots of blue.
Although I liked the old site design, I had this terrible sinking feeling every time I visited another blog that had the exact same look. So, I’ve been learning about all this newfangled HTML and tweaking the site design for the past week or so. With the bulk of this task (hopefully) behind me now, I should have more time to turn out new posts. First, though, let me introduce the new Country California.
- Fancy header image at the top. Might look like a cheesy stock image, but it’s actually a cheesy picture I took on the Santa Cruz coast.
- Navigation bar at the top resembles a menu instead of a table with links in it.
- Country, California → Country California. Who needs commas, anyway?
- ‘Share’ button in the sidebar for all you kids with your social bookmarking.
- Slightly wider format for less scrolling.
- Know how when you click on the (#) Comments link under a post, it takes you to the end of the comments instead of the beginning? Well, I couldn’t fix that, but I did add a ‘Jump’ link above the comment box on each page. It will take you back up to the first comment. Hopefully that made some sense. Try it on a post with a bunch of comments and you should see what I mean.
- A bunch of other tiny things.
- I’m just going to keep on writing the same old junk.
I’ll still be fine-tuning things for the next couple days. Some of the old posts might look a little wonky until I have a chance to go back and reformat them for the new layout.
Let me know if anything is buggy.