[Click the dot after each quote to visit the original source.]
I seriously think there is a complete Prince Charming out there for me somewhere, someone who has great hair and a completely immature sense of humor and everything that I want. ●
– – Taylor Swift’s version of Prince Charming sounds like half the guys in every freshman sex-ed class. Take your pick, Taylor.
“I want to see people like me, the real deal,” the Naked Cowboy said in an interview with the New York Post. “I’m looking for character more than anything. You could be the greatest musician in the world, but if you stand in jeans and a T-shirt next to me, no one will notice you.”
The show is set to air on Country Music Television. ●
– – The Naked Cowboy is getting his own reality show and CMT is continuing its tradition of focusing on everything but music.
That song is a song on my record. I wrote it with Gary Burr, songwriter extravaganz… erman. I don’t even know if that’s a word. ●
– – Emily West on “Blue Sky.” If you haven’t checked out the internet show Nashville at Nite yet, the site is worth a visit.
Forgette understands Vermonters. He’s not writing songs for flatlanders, nor does he seem to care about how far and wide this album might be heard. His songs present Vermonters, the blue collar kind, people with basic day-to-day problems such as getting an old Honda from place A to place B, staying off booze, and keeping a relationship going. ●
– – This reviewer is really, really into Vermont. I didn’t realize Vermont had such a monopoly on alcoholism and relationship problems.
Garth Brooks made a special appearance as he introduced Smith with a heartfelt speech, saying she was someone who “would die for me.” Brooks also introduced Team, who provided artwork and design for many of his albums, remarking that she “would kill for me.” ●
– – This is pure speculation, but I think Garth Brooks might be looking to start a cult. Why else would he be so obsessed with keeping track of who’s willing to die or kill for him? (More evidence via Photocrap.)
The $40 price point includes the album and a chance to be included in the mosaic poster. (Inclusion in the poster is limited to 10,000 fans who choose the $40 or $75 options.) ●
– – Taylor Swift fans are going to pay $30 extra for the chance of having their face (along with 9,999 others) on a mosaic poster? Tell you what… buy me a beer and I will put your face somewhere on this blog. (Not really. I don’t even drink… plus I haven’t seen your face.)
Everybody should not have a voice is what we’ve just proven by the Internet. Because I’m convinced that Jesus Christ could come back onto this earth and forgive everybody’s sins, and it’d be the greatest day in mankind ever. Somebody would take a picture of him. They’d put him on a Web site like TMZ, and the first comment would be ‘Jesus is a douche bag.’ You know what I’m sayin’? This is what the Internet and bloggers are all about. They’re all little haters. It’s like, ‘Welcome to Haterville. Population: You!’ ●
– – Kid Rock likens all bloggers to TMZ commenters. I’ll bet he has been hanging out with Alison Bonaguro.
Certainly country and rock ’n’ roll aren’t that far off. George Harrison was greatly influenced by Chet Atkins, and the Rolling Stones by Hank Williams, and vice-versa. ●
– – Raul Malo makes a good point. Remember when Hank Williams covered “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”? A-mazing.
At every show, Tippin assembles a bike on stage while performing. At the end of each night, he invites a Marine up and donates the bike to the children of the local community for Toys for Tots. ●
– – This is usually followed by a bloody melee in which all the local children fight over the single bike as the audience looks on in horror.
I have developed a huge fascination with George Strait because I noticed that every time I hear him sing I would feel [like] it’s all going to be okay. There’s something about his voice that takes you straight out of panic and puts you in a place where everything’s going to be all right. And that’s a very powerful thing to have in a voice. ●
– – I like Patty Griffin.