[Click the dot after each quote to visit the original source.]
Local DJ Daryll Dade knows what a nightmare the health care system is. He just received the bill for the medical treatment he received after a run-in with a crazed karaoke singer who stabbed him in the neck. ●
– – A Colorado DJ got stabbed in the neck because he refused to sing along to a Garth Brooks song. I’m speechless.
I had a digital camera and my brother was taking pictures of us in front of these Antebellum homes, which are these really old, ‘Gone With the Wind’-style homes. We thought, ‘Whoa, that has a cool ring to it, ‘Antebellum.’ It doesn’t really mean anything more than that. ●
– – I’ll go ahead and guess that Lady Antebellum’s Dave Haywood doesn’t know that “antebellum” is anything other than a style of architecture.
Country music star Aaron Tippin attributes hard work to much of his success in life ●
– – He works hard as a result of much of his success in life?
We just kicked like Miley Cyrus in the teeth with sales, and that’s just fascinating to me. It’s a story within itself. It shows me that the public who are purchasing albums still believe in music. ●
– – Kristian Bush on the success of Love on the Inside. Sure, gloating about kicking a 15-year-old girl in the face is a little mean, but in Bush’s defense, those were just baby teeth. They were going to come out anyway. (In fairness, he comes across more modest in context.)
[I want to] write a song as good as Willie Nelson, as good as Tom Petty. Hell, as good as Bob Dylan. We’re all reaching for something. I still go back and listen to their records and think, `Golly, that’s fantastic.’ ●
– – The voice inside Jack Ingram’s head sounds like Wally Cleaver. And I respect that.
It freaked me out to switch because I’d had so much success on Arista. There are such good friends over there and a great promotional staff. My first record had gone gold, and I’d had three big [single] hits. ●
– – Keith Anderson on his switch to Columbia. I especially like that writer Edward Morris felt the need to insert [single]. You can never be too careful. If he had just left it as “I’d had three big hits,” I would have assumed that Keith Anderson was a pothead.
Following Williams’ premature death, Helms joined Ray Price’s band and was a key part of his success in the 1950s. In recent years he also recorded sessions with Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride, Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi and Kid Rock. ●
– – Could an article on the musical legacy of Don Helms possibly end on a more anticlimactic note?
But when you go to write a song, you owe it to your listener to give them complete honesty, to tell them the full story in a way they can hear it, understand it and apply it to their life. If you can’t do that, it’s like peeing in your pants: You might get a warm feeling, but nobody else really cares to know. ●
– – If you need an amazing quote, Jamey Johnson is your man (via The 9513). The whole interview by Chris Neal at Nashville Scene is recommended reading.
On my days off, huh? Well, I like to get really frustrated, hit the ground, swing a club at a little ball and scream a whole lot all in one day.
– So, golf?
I guess you could call that golf. ●
– – Joe Nichols on his leisure time pursuits.
“The first time I saw him, it literally was just one of those things where I was like, ‘Oh my goodness!'” said Evans, who hosts a morning radio show in Birmingham, Ala. ●
– – Poor Sara Evans. Go a couple years without a Top 10 hit and next thing you know you’re doing a morning show in Birmingham.
And I fly into these little islands in the Bahamas and over in the ocean and fish and stuff. And I’ve gone to places where you’d think it’s as remote as it can be, and I’ll land, get out of the airplane, and some little native fellow there will be holdin’ one of my CDs wantin’ me to sign it. ●
– – Alan Jackson is popular even on islands populated by pygmies.
Then DeMarcus went into a spiel about all the good-looking ladies and how they primp before they go to a Rascal Flatts concert. You know, put on high heels and mini-skirts. Well, to demonstrate, DeMarcus wrapped a white towel around his waist and pranced around as if [he] were wearing stilettos. ●
– – No comment necessary.