Click the dot after each quote to visit the original source.
Taylor Swift can’t sing ●
– – Up next from Country Standard Time: “Kenny Rogers has a beard”
He loves [the Jonas Brothers’] style, like, “There’s just something about ’em, man.” It’s like people who have a fascination with Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears. That’s Dave’s fascination. It’s more just their celebrity than anything. ●
– – Lady Antebellum’s Charles Kelley on bandmate Dave Haywood’s Jonas Brothers obsession.
But for a few moments this past Saturday night, I was transported back to a time where the AM dial could be counted on to fill our lives with magic, nourishment and awe. […] And through the familiar thin, airy static of WSM radio, the AM home of the Grand Ole Opry, I was treated to a transcendent performance by the finest singer in country music today, Patty Loveless. ●
– – If Blake Boldt has a pen name, I’ll bet it’s Gary Shiebler.
I named my horse after Toby Keith because I really like the guy. Genuine — that’s Toby Keith. One of the great things about him is that during dinner he’ll start singing a song. Right there. Not to perform, but to tell you what he was feeling the particular day that he wrote it. ●
– – As described by Bill Richardson, dinner with Toby Keith sounds like a scene from a redneck musical:
Toby: Well, I saw this girl who was smokin’ hot and I said…
Bill: (wide-eyed) What did you say, Toby?
Toby: (jumping on table) Hottie, she’s a hottie! Got a smokin’ little body!…
(Flames shoot from underneath table as cosmopolitan farmgirl dancers enter from all sides)
The thing that I most admire about Alan [Jackson] is he’s never focused his priorities on hitting the highest note or doing vocal acrobatics. ●
– – I can understand why Taylor Swift might find that admirable.
I do shows with ‘independent’ rock bands and he does shows ‘in Depends.’ ●
– – Bobby Bare, Jr., on the difference between him and his dad. Nothing quite like poking fun at the elderly.
It’s just one of those pick-you-up and make-you-pump-your-fists-and-sing-along kind of songs. ●
– – …. as-long-as-you’re-a-conservative-Christian-right-wing-Republican-straight-white-American-male-who-lives-in-a-rural-area. Rodney Atkins on “It’s America.”
It’s a joy to stand on that stage and, from the first note of the show, the audience is singing along with us – you can see it on their faces. That’s my passion. I don’t keep up with record sales or charts, but I do keep up with those faces in the audience. ●
– – Jamey Johnson.
But as far as artists just going out there and selling millions or even thousands of albums in stores, it’s now all about MP3 players and the digital Internet world.
– – In the Dec. 15 issue of Country Weekly, Toby Keith reveals that he’s now setting his sales targets in the hundreds. Thousands is unattainable? Really? Also, be careful out there in that digital Internet world; I hear it’s actually a series of tubes.
CMT Recognizes Alan Jackson As A Giant ●
– – I know he’s tall, but do we really have to pick on the poor guy?