[Click the dot after each quote to visit the original source.]
But I just don’t need outside production anymore. I am my niche, I created my niche, I created my world. When I come on singing it doesn’t have to be some grand production. It’s all me now. I’ve got my fingerprints all over it. ●
– – Toby Keith is fiercely proud of the fact that he’s solely responsible for his years-long artistic nosedive.
To me, country is not something you can tell people you are. Country is not something you can put on or take off. It’s not a certain way you dress. And if you have to tell people in a song, ‘I’m country,’ then I start wondering. You should be able to hear it. ●
– – Lee Ann Womack hits the nail on the head.
Carrie Underwood Poses with Statue ●
– – Now that’s what I call a gripping headline.
Sugarland guitarist Kristian Bush could be mistaken for a Rhodes scholar. He’s not only very well-educated but articulate enough that if music hadn’t worked out, he could have been a college professor. ●
– – Don’t be fooled by the quirky hat! He’s not an eccentric intellectual, just a workaday thug who, like, totally kicked Miley Cyrus in the teeth that one time.
The song is so fiercely un-country that it makes “Bob That Head” sound like Bob Wills, and the screen adaptation exacerbates that problem by setting the story at an upscale fashion shoot, of all places. What does it say that the same genre that once gave us “Coal Miner’s Daughter” now implores us to sympathize with a pretty upper-middle class girl who lacks the self-confidence to sex it up for the camera? ●
– – Dan Milliken reviews the music video for Jimmy Wayne’s “I Will.”
This article blows! But I respect the opinions of others. ●
– – The first of 45 angry fan responses to an amusing Bucky Covington concert review.
I have these political things coming out of me – we all do – but it doesn’t necessarily mean we know what we’re talking about. I’m a reluctant person to get into politics. In fact, I’m not even sure this is political, but these songs I sort of put into the category of ‘nearly accusatory.’ And that’s not my style; it’s just what came out of me. ●
– – Have you downloaded Todd Snider’s Peace Queer yet? 5 more days…
I really don’t have that much more money than before I made it. […] I have tried to buy [my parents] a house, but they don’t want me to. ●
– – Before you leap to judgment, you should know that these statements aren’t necessarily contradictory. It’s possible that Carrie Underwood was planning to pay for the house in ham or some other non-monetary currency.
I think it’s the writer in me that’s a little more obsessed with the meaning of the song than the vocal technique. All that stuff is like math to me. Over-thinking vocals and stuff — I never want to get to that point. ●
– – Taylor Swift. Seriously, guys, listenable vocals are sooo boring.