Click the bullet after each quote to visit the original source.
She says it’s pretty imperative for her to have good hearing. Why? “I need to hear every note clearly,” she says. ●
– – I’ve heard your notes clearly, Taylor. You might want to skip the ear monitors.
That’s exactly what this record is: Quit trying so hard to be perfect, and just use your gift. Free-fall into your face and just sing. That’s why we called it Sing. ●
– – Wynonna’s new album is all about free-falling into your face. Hopefully that’s more fun than it sounds.
Q: Most guys play the guitar in high school to pick up girls. How’d the banjo work for you?
A: I just completely misread girls in high school. This is just one example of how. ●
– – Actor/comedian/banjoist Ed Helms. What is it with actor-comedians also being banjoists?
I was like only the second country artist to play Lollapalooza after Waylon Jennings. It’s a cool thing to be able to walk that line. I’ve got one foot in Nashville, one foot in Texas, one foot in the bluegrass world, but we have a rock-‘n’-roll energy. ●
– – Dierks Bentley makes it look easy, but I’d like to see you try to walk the line with three feet…
A sound built on the blazing guitar solos of Saskatchewan native Rob Janzen, [Dierks] Bentley recalled another Canadian rocker — Bryan Adams — in his onstage performance. ●
– – Oh boy. Bryan Adams comparisons.
Don’t listen to it because it’s Country Music – and don’t not listen to it because it’s Country Music. If you like it, listen to it – and if you don’t, don’t. To me, it’s all just music. ●
– – In other words, it’s not country music. Lady Antebellum’s Charles Kelley.
I don’t think there’s a song on this CD that’s not a pretty straight-forward, heartfelt kind of song for everyday people. I want people to know they are going to get their dollar’s worth, and it’s not going to be some experimental record (that shows me) finding out who I am. I know who I am. ●
– – Dear Jake Owen: A sophomore album should be a little experimental. If your entire process of self-discovery happened on the first album (which was, for the record, only slightly better than okay), why should I care about the rest of your career? You’re not far enough along to stop learning yet.
No brand better represents Rascal Flatts than American Living. ●
– – Says Gary LeVox, but I don’t believe it. Challenge: Comment with a brand that better represents Rascal Flatts.
After Walk The Line, I kind of learned to play guitar, and having that sense of performing, that certainly opened the door for me for music. I think now I would just like the music to speak for itself. ●
– – Okay Joaquin, but it will have to talk louder than the beard and drugged-up demeanor.
They don’t play the good old cheatin’ songs. But I’ve got a bunch of those little boogers to do tonight. ●
– – Classy stage banter from George Jones.