Click the bullet after each quote to visit the original source.
This song is dirty! But I love it … (pum pum pum …). It’s about the tingly moments leading up to a couple’s first night together … (pum pum pum …). Especially after they’ve both wanted it for so long … (pum pum pum …). Trembling fingers touching forbidden places … (pum pum pum…). The suspense is killing me! ●
– – Craig Shelburne on Conway’s “You’ve Never Been This Far Before.”
It’s almost a crime the millions of dollars the automaker CEOs make. I say fire all of them. And while we’re at it, fire the deep-pocket bankers, Hollywood moviemakers, gamblers, ramblers and thieves. Give every employer at every company a test. If they fail it, fire the big money-takers and hire the smartest blue-collar guys to run the company and pay them a dollar less each year than our president makes. ●
– – Hazel Smith’s perfectly level-headed response to the financial crisis is to fire everyone (how do you go about firing a rambler?), invent some sort of test that determines personal worth/morality, fill all newly-opened positions with blue collar guys, and continue to overpay them. Because apparently the problem is that powerful positions happen to be held by bad people, not that power is a corrupting influence.
Darius Rucker’s album just went gold, which means… What’s gold again? Uh, one million sold.
– – The DJ on my local country station sucks at his job.
Last year this guy reviewed my show and said, ‘The best rock show to come through town this year: Kenny Chesney.’ He thought I should have been more country, just because I wear a hat onstage. ‘This isn’t country music.’ He meant it as a slam, but we took it as a compliment. I’m a country singer just by how I grew up, who my parents are and my heritage. ●
– – In a much-discussed Playboy interview, Kenny Chesney seems pretty conflicted about his own… countryness.
To the extent that ‘No Reins’ shares any similarities with the plaintiff’s alleged copyrighted work, any such similarities between the two works are the result of coincidence and/or the use of common or trite ideas. ●
– – Accused of stealing part of a Pat Benatar song (ah, that’s classic), Rascal Flatts pleads triteness.
I love trying new things, and I find it just remarkable that a girl like me can go from being homeless to having such an amazing life, full of such unique opportunities. ●
– – Dear Jewel: Does a new Dancing with the Stars gig really call for another reminder of past homelessness?
I’ll tell you what every man wants for Valentine’s Day. And women, I don’t give a crap whether you like it or not, if you think, ‘Well, I want to put some thought into it.’ Give a guy money. Give a guy cash. I don’t care if it’s $5, $10, $20. We don’t want y’all buying us socks or cologne or ties. Give us some money, and we know what we want. We want beer, and we want lighters, even if we don’t smoke. We like to buy crap like that. Okay? ●
– – Blake Shelton on the perfect Valentine’s Day gift.
But seriously, just to be nominated for an ACM award in any category at any time, is an honor…but to be listed on the same ballot with four duos that are heroes of ours – that’s crazy. ●
– – The male half of Joey + Rory comments on the duo’s ACM nomination for Top Vocal Duo. Anyone believe that Montgomery Gentry and Big & Rich are actually heroes to the traditional twosome?
He praises the way country music has evolved outside the classic box it once was in. “Do You Believe Me Now,” like many country songs, has a nontraditional, pop-rock sound.
“I’ve got a story and an accent,” drawls the North Carolina native, who lives in Nashville. “I don’t think you necessarily have to be raising hogs to be a country boy.” ●
– – Fine, Jimmy Wayne. You convinced me. You’re country.
He expects his next disc will rely more on a traditional country sound. ●
– – Nothing snarky to say here. I just hope Randy Houser isn’t putting us on.
Carrie Underwood Bests Jessica Simpson At CMA Nominations ●
– – So now we’re going to pretend that Jessica Simpson was ever even in contention for a CMA (ACM?) nomination just to heighten the supposed feud between her and Underwood. Stay classy, celeb gossip sites.