Here’s some follow-up on the Best Blog Posts of 2008 idea.
I’m thinking that the list will be broken into three sections: Country Universe, The 9513, and Other. If another blog has a sizable number of entries, it might also get its own category. In the spirit of making this a worthy introduction to the world of independent country music blogs rather than a competition, items in each category will be listed chronologically rather than ranked. As a quality measure, there will be a cap on the number of items in each category.
Here’s the list of suggestions so far. If you see that a great post is missing, add it to the pool of possibilities by commenting. This brings it to my attention and, even better, brings it to the attention of other readers. The post will get a little extra love regardless of whether it makes the final (highly subjective) list.
– Ray Scott Finds Creative Freedom In Life After Warner Bros. – Jim Malec
– Rucker Proves That Sometimes, The Best Marketing Is No Marketing At All – Matt C.
– Carrie Underwood’s Exclusive Inner Circle Threatens Her Career – Matt C.
– Album Review: The Lost Trailers, Holler Back – Brady Vercher
– Red Dirt: The Power of Infrastructure – Ben Cisneros
– Joanna Cotten’s Impossible Question – Jim Malec
– A Conversation with Patty Loveless – Blake Boldt
– Carrie Underwood, Shania Twain and Gender in Country Music – Kevin J. Coyne
– Album Review: The Lost Trailers, Holler Back – Dan Milliken
– 100 Greatest Women, #1: Dolly Parton – Kevin J. Coyne
– Country Music Day – Trailer (Photocrap)
– Finding the Reverence – Craig Bickhardt (Ninety Mile Wind)
– Sugarland Got It Right… Almost – John Maglite (Country California)
– Charlie Allen Interview – Matt Bjorke (Roughstock)
– I Don’t Like Any of the Women – Carolyn/ccdixon (Melodic Sunburst)