NOTE: COUNTRY CALIFORNIA CEASED OPERATIONS IN NOVEMBER 2015.
About Country California
Established in 2008, Country California offers a wry survey of the modern country music landscape through quote roundups, recommendations, country haiku, and more. Since we’re basically in it for the love of music, we have a lot of freedom in terms of what we cover and how we cover it. We’re just trying to write the sort of country music blog that we would want to read.
- C.M. Wilcox – Founder/Editor/Author
Guy writing this page and sometimes referring to himself as “we.” Born in Santa Cruz County, a Haggard-obsessed twentysomething now residing in the country music mecca of Sacramento. Likes music, writing, technology, humor, green tea. Loves hearing from readers (hint, hint). Writes about other aspects of life at Meet Chris Wilcox.
- Corey “Trailer” Parkman – Fake News Correspondent
Nice fella. Lives in Mississippi. Also authors the music satire blog Farce the Music.
What they’re saying…
“insightful and often wickedly funny”
– – Chris Neal in Country Weekly.
“… like Chicken Soup for the Country Fan’s Soul.”
– – Dan Milliken of Country Universe.
“Your site is stupid and meaningless and isn’t that well done. Have a good day.”
– – Steve vonBrandt, 1998 Big Bass World Champ and Hall of Fame angler.
“[Country California] features a ‘Fake News’ section that has become something like country music’s version of farcical newspaper The Onion, or like an all-country online cousin to The Daily Show.”
– – Peter Cooper in The Tennessean.
“Love your site!”
– – Patrick Shields of Bob Kingsley’s Country Top 40 radio program.